Accreditations and Awards
Coalo sets high standards and aims to exceed these. As well as celebrating our successes we see them as important in factor in demonstrating continuous improvement.
Coalo has received the following accreditations;
- In 2019 we were awarded the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) Gold Award for health and safety performance a significant achievement on our first submission. Leading from this award Coalo has joined RoSPA as a member to demonstrate our commitment to improve safety excellence and join RoSPA in support of their mission to save lives and reduce injuries. The RoSPA Gold accreditation has also been awarded for 2020.
- Investors in People Award (IIP)
- The London Healthy Workplace Award (LHWA)
- We are working towards accreditation under ISO14001 (Environmental Standards) which is expected early in 2021
- Coalo has also been awarded the prestigious London in Bloom awards in 2019 & 2020.
Coalo have also been shortlisted for (awaiting results);
- Two categories in the Employer & Learning Provider BAME Awards 2020,
- 2019/20 Business Awards, hosted by Hounslow Chamber and West London Local Chambers, in the following categories; Best Business for Health & Wellbeing, Best Business for Marketing and Social Media, Best Green Business, Employer of the Year.
- Finalist with the Association of Project Management - SHELL Award, based on the social value programme (winners are due to be announced in November 2020).
- 2019 saw Coalo shortlisted for an Apprenticeship Award in the category of outstanding contribution and progression by an apprentice working in a partner organisation to the borough in the Supply Chain Apprentice of the Year for Luke Nolan. This was a significant achievement for Luke and one Coalo is very proud to support. Since 2017 Coalo has supported an active apprenticeship training programme with 28 apprentices being recruited and 14 currently in our programme.
To ensure that our organisation can fully meet the needs of our customers Coalo committed, in September 2019 to introducing a systematic and process driven approach to managing our business by the implementation of a UKAS accredited Quality Management System (QMS) standard, ISO9001:2015 which would demonstrate that Coalo are able to meet our customer needs whilst delivering consistent levels of quality, customer satisfaction and seeking to continually improve. Coalo selected the British Standards Institute (BSI) as our certification body and are pleased to confirm that this certification was achieved and the certificate FS716598, was issued on 8th March 2020.
The Quality Management System has been developed into an Integrated Management System that is also complaint with ISO14001:2015 the Environmental Management System and ISO45001:2018 the Health and Safety Management Standard that has replaced OHSAS 18001 to allow for integrated audits against all three standards which follows the SHEQ (safety, health environment and quality) format.
Coalo were formed in 2017 and environmental sustainability has been a key target within our objectives. Coalo monitors and records all aspects and impacts of its operation to ensure minimal environmental impact and develop continuous improvement. To support the management of our environmental impact Coalo have commenced the journey in April 2020 in order to gain certification with the British Standards Institute (BSI) against the ISO14001:2015 the Environmental Management System standard.